ANNOUNCEMENT (Feb 7, 2013):
2013 promises to be a most successful IAFA conference as shown by our having already filled our Guest Room block at the Marriott. From now on please reserve your room at our overflow hotel, the Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport, which is located within easy walking distance of the Marriott. The suites are spacious, the amenities excellent, and the restaurant and bar eminently suitable for conversation. We believe you will enjoy the hotel. Of course, anyone staying at the Sheraton Suites may use any and all of the Marriott’s facilities without charge.
To reserve a room call Joyce Manring, Sales Manager directly at (407) 313-1015. Do NOT call the hotel reservations as this arrangement between the IAFA and hotel Sales is special and only the Sales Manager may book rooms at the IAFA rate. The conference price per room is $130.
UPDATE: To ALL 2012 Banquet Goers who were unfortunate enough to order the chicken:
The new General Manager of the Orlando Airport Marriott, Chris Donohue, came on board only a few days before IAFA 2012, and as a result had to deal with the banquet chicken disaster. Not only has he profusely apologized for last year’s terrible chicken entrees, but he has also taken significant, concrete steps to make amends and to assure IAFA and you that this situation will not be repeated this year. First and most immediate, he has refunded the cost of all the chicken dinners. The IAFA will in its turn issue to every conferee who purchased a 2012 chicken dinner banquet ticket, a coupon good for one banquet ticket for either 2013 or 2014. (We will not extend the date further because we really cannot carry such a large financial liability for more than two years.) Second, the GM will hire a new chef to work exclusively with our conference this year to make sure that every IAFA function measures up to Marriott’s high standards, as happened in 2011 when we had an excellent Guest Chef from Marriott headquarters. Third, in an addendum to our 2013-2015 contract, he has put in writing that should the hotel fail to live up to our expectations that we may impose financial penalties and/or abrogate the contract.
- The IAFA group code for the conference rate is IAFIAFA. Fill it in as the group code if you register on-line or mention it to the hotel if you call in the reservation.
- Recently reduced rate! Rooms are US$130 (subject to 11.5% tax) — flat rate for single, double, or triple (no cots!). The block is full unless someone drops out. Full rate is $239/night. Our overflow rate remains $130 until further notice.
- Convention rates are available until Friday, February 15th, but book earlier as the rooms often fill beforehand.
- IAFA members who join Marriott Rewards will receive free WiFi in their rooms.
Reasons to stay at the Marriott
- Help IAFA! Many conference costs are included in the cost of your discounted rate.
- Free Internet/WiFi in-rooms for any member who joins Marriott Rewards at any level.
- Entry for a two free room night raffle (you must attend the banquet to win).
For reservations, please call the hotel’s toll-free number: 800-380-6751 ext. 9290; or dial direct: 407-851-9000.
Or mail your room request to:
Orlando Airport Marriott
7499 Augusta National Drive
Orlando, FL 32822
The Airport Marriott supplies free airport shuttle service from Orlando International. If you would like to take advantage of the free hotel shuttle from the Orlando (MCO) Airport, call 407 851 9000 and punch option 5. Tell them which terminal you are calling from A or B, then go down to the shuttle pickup point. Usually there is about a ten minute wait as we are a very large group so please be patient.
A hand drawn map by Jeri Zulli of the area surrounding the hotel and a .pdf of driving instructions: