Science Fiction Film and Television (http://liverpool.metapress.com/content/121631/) is seeking articles for a special issue in on world sf cinema and television.
Although excluding the US from discussions of world cinema and television creates a problematic opposition(ality), we are seeking critical work on sf from other national/transnational, and especially non-Anglophone, contexts, both historical and contemporary.
We are particularly, but not exclusively, interested in work which introduces and/or offers fresh insights into specific national cinemas/televisions, or which reconceptualises sf by relativising US/First Cinema variants as culturally-specific approaches rather than generic norms, or which addresses the following:
- imperialism, neo-imperialism, post-imperialism
- colonialism, decolonisation, neo-colonialism, post-colonialism
- sf from the Third World/Developing World/Global South
- indigenous, Fourth World and Fourth Cinema sf
- the subaltern
- nationhood, national identity, regional identity
- race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality
- global networks, informational black holes
- borders, borderlands
- homelands, migrations, diasporas
- national, international or transnational contexts of production, distribution or consumption
- specific production cycles
Submissions should be made via our website at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/lup-sfftv.
The deadline for submission to this special issue is September 1 2013.