The Heinlein Society is pleased to announce that for the 2012-2013 academic year we will be offering the first of many scholarships. There will be two $500 scholarships awarded to undergraduate students of accredited 4-year colleges and universities majoring in engineering, math, or physical sciences (e.g. physics, chemistry), or in Science Fiction as Literature. Applicants will need to submit a 500-1,000 word essay on one of several available topics.
To apply, fill out the form below and print or email. Deadline is May 15, 2012.
(If your browser has compatibility issues, right-click and download the form)
- Deadline for scholarship applications is May 15, 2012.
- Refer to criteria below for eligibility requirements.
- Refer to application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e., reference forms, essay, etc.
- Please type or print legibly.
- If you have any questions about the application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose: To provide scholarship to 2 deserving full time students attending a four-year college.
Award Components: Two (2) $500 scholarships awarded to students selected by the Heinlein Society Scholarship Committee.
- Applicant must be a full time undergraduate student enrolled in an accredited college that awards Bachelor of Science or Arts degrees.
- Major must be Science Fiction as Literature or Engineering, Math or Physical Sciences (e.g. Physics, Chemistry).
- Open to residents of any country.
Applicant must submit the following items:
- Completed application form (if handwritten, please print legibly)
- A brief explanation of career goals and biographical (background) information.
- A 500 – 1,000 word essay on one of the following subjects:
- How Robert Heinlein affected my career choice.
- My favorite Robert Heinlein story and why.
- The importance of space exploration to the future of the human race.
Deadline for the application is May 15, 2012. Applications postmarked or emailed after this date will not be considered.
Please mail completed application to:
The Heinlein Society
3553 Atlantic Ave. #341
Long Beach, CA 90807-5606
or email to: email@example.com